30 May, 2010
29 May, 2010
26 May, 2010
'The GVN Foundation's vision is to support the work of charitable organizations around the world that assist children, women and the environment. Currently our focus is children. We are working in countries around the world to end child poverty. Join us as we raise money to help children around the world break free from poverty'
25 May, 2010
Herewith, some guidelines. Not rules, just suggestions worth a try. And as soon you can remember them all, they can be forgotten.
1. Vary the scale. Mix a small neat print with a splashier one. Or an eye-popper with one that’s more neutral.
2. Stay within the same color family.
3. Mix up the fabrics, the weights — a rough-textured fabric with a more refined one. Somehow a nubby, slubby fabric pairs up more naturally with a flat weave than do two smooth-textured fabrics.
4. Toss in some polka dots, stripes or even leopard prints, which are easier to mix with other patterns because they’re simple and graphic. And they’re familiar to the eye.
5. Consider the accessories. Though it’s fun to tote a print bag with a print frock, you can tone down the brights with a great tan leather bag or pair of sandals. Straw works, too.
courtesy NY Times